Wednesday, April 18, 2007

Project: Create a Functional Master Bedroom Closet

Before the ink had even dried on the loan closing documents, I bought an Elfa closet organizing system from the Container Store.

The existing closets in my place were pathetic. They had nice mirror sliding doors, but that's about as far as the niceties go ... The clothing rods sagged horribly in the middle, and the shelves were placed too high up (hey, I'm only 5'-8", how am I supposed to reach everything?



With a little paint and some sweat time, I was able to make a dramatic improvement to the space.





There are supposed to be some slick-looking walnut trim in the above photos, but unfortunately, the Container Store was out of stock of the ultra-hip fixtures (I'm told they'll be back in stock at the end of April). I'll post some more photos of the space once it is 100% done.

No comments: