Thursday, December 31, 2009

Day 4: Drywall Party

I've never drywalled before. When I did the renovation in the living room a couple of years ago, I hired a contractor to build some studs and hang some drywall ... basically because I had heard that mudding and taping drywall was an art, and a bad job would totally show ...

Well, as a result of the rot and the plumber having to demo the concrete barrier holding in the shower faucet, I had to learn--quick!

I actually ended up doing a bang up job (brushing my shoulder off). I ended up mounting both drywall and backer board. I used drywall to fill in the space where the medicine cabinet used to be, and Hardibacker Backer Board around the tub (waterproof surface which is resistant to mold).

Here's where the medicine cabinent used to be:


And here is the area around the tub:

Next up, tiling!!!

No comments: