Saturday, December 26, 2009

Day 1: Bathroom Remodel

Almost three years after moving into my condo, I've finally got around to renovating the hideous, pink, bathroom.

I figure the project will take about 5 days (not really in a rush here) and will be a vast improvement (not hard since the little space doesn't even have an outlet for my fiance to plug in her hairdryer).

So far the plan is to do the floor in slate tiles, and the walls surrounding the tub in glass mosaic tile. The vanity will be upgraded to a double sink with drawers, along with the electrical (updated vanity lights, GFHC outlets and dimmers). My fiance picked out a beautiful set of paints to pull it all together.

No blog post would be complete with a few photos, so here are the "before" and "during" pics of the first day (a.k.a. "Demo Day").







Tomorrow I plan to replace the drywall with backerboard (it is rotted through from water damage), remove all of the trash and lay the first set of tiles.

I'm off to Home Depot to stimulate the economy...

1 comment:

HLW said...

It looks great, baby! You have already made it look better... which is sad since there is only half a wall not in the shower.